CA Transparency Supply Chain
Action to eliminate slavery and human trafficking from supply chains. The State of California has recently challenged companies doing business in California to join in its effort to identify and eliminate slavery and human trafficking in supply chains. In support of this effort, Shop Starlite Village is initiating the following steps:
- We are requesting our vendors to provide details regarding their supply chains that may indicate a risk of slavery or egregious labor practices.
- Based on current information, our supply chain is unlikely to incorporate slavery or egregious labor practices. However, we may seek additional explanation from the applicable vendor if any serious concerns are identified in the future.
- As we place new orders, we will require our vendors to provide certification that the materials incorporated into the merchandise comply with all applicable laws regarding slavery or egregious labor practices in the country or countries in which those suppliers are doing business.
- To promote internal accountability, we require our employees to report any instances of egregious labor practices within a vendor organization which may come to their knowledge to our General Counsel.
- We may institute training programs for employees and management who have direct responsibility for supply chain management to mitigating risks of slavery or egregious labor practices within the supply chains of our merchandise.